Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fogo de artifício - São João, Porto 2012

Perfection...couldn't be better! 
Sao Joao do Porto is the biggest event in Porto. Thousands of people on the streets with lots of hammers, sweets, beer, good music and unforgettable firework. The funniest part of the festival was that everyone gets to hit each other on the head with plastic hammer. This will bring lots of luck in next year. I was hit on the heat so many times, that I will have enough luck for the next five years :) Plastic hammers replaced an old tradition of using a garlic stem that represented wishing people good luck. 
Sao Joao will always stay in mine mind as time, when streets are filled with colour, full of tradition and joy.


...The best part of the evening began at midnight. The firework was over head and spectacular, I wished my eyes were bigger that I could take it all in at once...It's funny how sometimes someone you don't know in one sentence can tell the whole point of your life in last half a year. 
Porto, city where all dreams come true!













No comments:

Post a Comment